RightThink Inc., President, Director of Marketing Strategy
As principal of my consulting firm, I have extensive contract based strategic planning and integrated marketing leadership roles with outstanding organizations from the public and private sector including:
Government of Ontario (Smoke Free Ontario, Screen For Life,
StandUp to Diabetes, Join the Resistance) • Centennial College •
The National Ballet of Canada • Sick Kids Foundation • Glaxo Smith Kline
• Cancer Care Ontario • Trillium Gift of Life Network • The Bay
Generated inventive, original, and multi touchpoint campaigns for a host of top notch organizations – including building strategy, market research, new product innovation, content development, integrated communications ideation, and discovering insights to cultivate new and transformative stories for brands to engage their target audiences. Led customized strategic workshops for: Assante Financial Group, McMaster University, Astro Yogurt, Vital Steps Fitness, Hobby Star, New Ad Media, Ministry of Health, Cancer Care Ontario, Health Quality Ontario, Allied Health Professionals (Ontario), Sick Kids Foundation, KnorrBakes
CCO – Ontario Renal Network
• Developed the strategy and led the integrated marketing plans with a virtual team for the org’s 4 year system plan positioned to transform kidney care in the province through a patient centred approach
• Led the development of a digital and social media strategy with the business partner and drove an ‘on brand’ content strategy and implementation program.
• Managed the development of the ORN ‘Story’ – key messaging, PR plans, web and social media campaigns as well as production of creative resources, videos, collaterals etc.
• Launched KidneyWise, Ontario’s first specialist online app and referral tool
Director/VP of Marketing
• Launched ground breaking online advertising and Investment Advisor videos to build online presence and relationships along with the foundation for an SEM and optimization strategy
• Leveraged research to create a disruptive media campaign with female investor insights
• Led the development of the iShares strategic narrative
Ministry of Health and Long Term Care
• Led the development and execution of key communications strategies for MoHLTC’s Diabetes, Cancer, and Excellent Care for All, H1N1 and Seasonal Flu
• As a Manager, coached and mentored a staff of 12 towards an inspired, productive, and enriching professional experience
• Represented the communications team with senior level staff in Minister’s Office, Premier’s Office and Cabinet Office
Trillium Gift of Life Network
Director of Marketing and Public Relations
• Conducted and led extensive market research and stakeholder consultations to form the basis of insight for the communications strategy
• Led the team on the development and government approval of TGLN’s 3 year marketing strategy.
• Launched the award winning ‘Recycle Me’ campaign using a youth panel to consult on content development and integrated marketing for the initiative.
• Launched TGLN’s ‘Register Yes’ online organ donation registry campaign with paid, owned, earned, and digital presence.
How I started – A Mix of Brand Management and Advertising agencies
Rothman’s Benson & Hedges
Director of Marketing, Group Marketing Manager
Built extensive integrated marketing programs including advertising, event, PR, promotion, and partnerships on some of the country’s largest events (eg; Symphony of Fire). Managed Marketing Managers and Assistants.
MacLarenMcCann & Saatchi & Saatchi
Vice President, Account Director
Royal Bank, Tim Horton’s, British Airways, TD Bank, BacardiMartini, Laura Secord Nestle, Lego Canada, General Motors
York University Honours BFA, B. Ed Special Ed. Certification
• Executive Marketing Mentor to Kidevolve – teaching kids the power of mindfulness
• Board of Arts Toronto for 6 years
• Marketing committee member for Toronto Arts Council Foundation and as a planning committee member on the Ad Ball with Ad Women of Toronto.
• Published in Marketing Magazine & LinkedIn professionally, and personally in the Globe and Mail
• Teacher, Centennial College Story Arts Centre, presentation skills
• Volunteer, Evergreen Brickworks